The 2014 Student Design Competition was judged at the 167th ASA Meeting in Providence, RI, in May 2014. The project involved the design of a secondary school/high school Fine Arts building with diverse programming. There were 16 entries submitted from a number of different universities. Many thanks to those who served on the panel of judges: Dana Hougland (Shen Milson & Wilke), Elizabeth Lamour (Cavanaugh Tocci Associates), Jennifer Nelson (Threshold Acoustics), Eric Reuter (Reuter Acoustics), Kerry Standlee (Daly-Standlee & Associates), and Kenric Van Wyk (Acoustics by Design).
And the winners are…
First Honors ($1250 prize):
- Lucas Johnson, Wesley Axtell, Rachael Kline; University of Hartford (Faculty Advisors: Prof. Robert Celmer)
Commendations in no particular order ($700 prize):
- Per Hultcrantz, Rasmus Gabrielii, Agnes Nerelius; Chalmers Institute of Technology (Faculty Advisor: Prof. Mendel Kleiner)
- Simon Larsson, Martin Nygren, May Hanna; Chalmers Institute of Technology (Faculty Advisor: Prof. Mendel Kleiner)
- Jens Ljunggren, David Svahn, Monica Loria; Chalmers Institute of Technology (Faculty Advisor: Prof. Mendel Kleiner)
- Chiemi Wakabayashi, Arata Onoshima, Mina Nakagawa; Tokyo Institute of Technology (Faculty Advisor: Prof. Yasushi Shimizu)
Congratulations to the winners! And thanks to all those who participated in this year’s competition!